Re: [ldapext] groupOfEntries object class proposal

Neal-Joslin, Robert (HP-UX Lab R&D) wrote:
> What is the likelihood of its success, given how
> entrenched groupOfNames and groupOfUniqueNames is embedded in the
> existing LDAP application/server security space?

For those implementations which are not flexible enough this will take
some time. But in my deployments it's simply a matter of configuration.

Note that this draft does not suggest to completely remove groupOfNames
from core schema. The point is just to deprecate its use in newer
deployments.

> I would
> argue that it would take a sea-change before it would be successful.

web2ldap already supports maintaining groupOfEntries (just
configuration). ;-)

Ciao, Michael.