Re: [ldapext] groupOfEntries object class proposal

Steven Legg wrote:

> Instead of defining a specific object class, perhaps all we need is a
> *convention* that any entry that contains the member attribute is to
> be treated as a group.

My first impression was that this would change the semantics of the
member attribute defined in the core schema and I'd like to stay out of
that business. But RFC 4519 already states something similar:

2.17.  'member'

   The 'member' attribute type contains the distinguished names of
   objects that are on a list or in a group.  Each name is one value of
   this multi-valued attribute.
   (Source: X.520 [X.520])