Re: [ldapext] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-zeilenga-ldap-incr-00.txt

Can you cite (or quote) a section from X.500 that backs up this assertion ?

Though not definitive, you might also consider David Chadwick's "Understand X.500" <http://www.isi.salford.ac.uk/staff/dwc/Version.Web/Contents.htm>. It gives some rationale as to why the ITU selected the (single) master copy scheme was for the Directory. If you want something definitive, I suggest you read X.525 and sections of X.501 describing the DSA Model.

Thanks. I wasn't really looking for tutorial advice, more a specific reference (like section so and so, subsection whatever, where it says the following : ...).

Surely you must be able to come up with a hard
reference to back up your assertion that multi master
replication is fundamentally incompatible with X.500 and
hence LDAP ?