Re: [ldapext] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-sermersheim-ldap-subordinate-scope-00.txt

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

To me, the implication is that servers should only return such URLs when the clients specifically request that they be returned.

And how should the client specifically request that they are returned? Doesn't this make things more complicated at the client side?

IMO it should be subject to server configuration whether to return a new search scope or not. While planning a LDAP service deployment you already have to consider whether all the LDAP clients used behave nicely with this server (configuration).

Ciao, Michael.