Re: substring matching rules

So, if I want to define a bitString substring matching rule
where each asserted component is a bitString, I should define
a bitStringSubstrings (assertion) syntax and than use this as
the syntax of asserted values of bitStringSubstringsMatch?

Okay, so why?

( 2.5.13.10 NAME 'numericStringSubstringsMatch'
    SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.58 )

This says that each asserted substring component is of
directoryString syntax.  I would think each asserted substring
component should be of numericString syntax.