Re: Returning single values from multivalued attributes

Date sent:      	Wed, 18 Aug 1999 15:11:01 -0400
From:           	Mark Smith <mcs@netscape.com>

> Thanks for the clarification.  So a more precise name for the
> matchedValuesOnly flag is
> "matchedValuesOnly-WhereAnyValuesWereMatchedAtAll."  In other words, if no
> values for an attribute type are matched by a component of the search
> filter, the matchedValuesOnly flag has no effect on the values returned
> for that type.

Thats correct. Glad we've sorted this one out. Do you still have a
requirement for your "only return this attribute if it matched,
otherwise dont" flag

David

David Chadwick
IS Institute, University of Salford, Salford M5 4WT
Tel +44 161 295 5351  Fax +44 161 745 8169
Mobile +44 790 167 0359
*NEW* Email D.W.Chadwick@salford.ac.uk *NEW*
Home Page  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/chadwick.htm
Understanding X.500  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/X500.htm
X.500/LDAP Seminars http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/seminars.htm
Entrust key validation string MLJ9-DU5T-HV8J