Re: Returning single values from multivalued attributes

David Chadwick wrote:

> Date sent:              Wed, 18 Aug 1999 15:11:01 -0400
> From:                   Mark Smith <mcs@netscape.com>
>
> > Thanks for the clarification.  So a more precise name for the
> > matchedValuesOnly flag is
> > "matchedValuesOnly-WhereAnyValuesWereMatchedAtAll."  In other words, if no
> > values for an attribute type are matched by a component of the search
> > filter, the matchedValuesOnly flag has no effect on the values returned
> > for that type.
>
> Thats correct. Glad we've sorted this one out. Do you still have a
> requirement for your "only return this attribute if it matched,
> otherwise dont" flag

I don't think so.  I was just trying to understand how X.500's
matchedValuesOnly flag works.  I see that the I-D you just posted on
this topic is clearer than the X.500 specification -- thanks!

--
Mark Smith
iPlanet Directory Architect / Sun-Netscape Alliance