LDAP Schema

Hi everybody,
	I have some questions regarding Schema updatation.

1. How do I update an objectclass defination of an userdefined
objectclass through client API? I am able to create and delete an
operation. But for updation, with current LDAP client implementation, I
have to delete and recreate the objectclass to incorpoate the changes.
Problem with this approach is that if some failure occurs after
objectclass deletion, the DSA schema will be in unstable state. I am
looking solution that can modify the objectclass definition in an atomic
operation.

2. why it is neccessay to specify entire objectclass hierarchy as the
value for the attribute 'objectclass' for a directory?. (If I don't
specify, entry will not be fetched in case filter is set to, say
"objectclass=top".)

K.Senthil Kumar.
CA -TCG Software.

Disposition-notification-to: k.richardson@man05t1.wins.icl.co.uk