Re: REVISED protocol review notes [LONG]

Actually my current plan is to define both:
     Attribute ::= SEQUENCE {
             type    AttributeDescription,
             vals    SET SIZE (1..MAX) OF AttributeValue }
and
     PartialAttribute ::= SEQUENCE {
             type    AttributeDescription,
             vals    SET OF AttributeValue }

and use them in the appropriate places.

Does this sound reasonable?

Jim

At 08:01 PM 10/21/2003, Jim Sermersheim wrote:

>>> Attribute ::= SEQUENCE {
>>> type AttributeDescription,
>>> vals SET OF AttributeValue }
>>>
>>> Each attribute value is distinct in the set (no duplicates). The
set
>>> of attribute values is unordered. Implementations MUST NOT reply
upon
>>> any apparent ordering being repeatable.
>>>

>>This type is never explicitly used in the protocol.
>
>It is the type for ModifyRequest.changes.modification

Okay... but I note that ModifyRequest.changes.modification is
a partial attribute. I assume your other changes to clarify
Attribute may be partial will lead to PartialAttributeList
fading away.

Kurt