Re: REVISED protocol review notes [LONG]

At 08:50 PM 10/21/2003, Jim Sermersheim wrote:
>Actually my current plan is to define both:
>     Attribute ::= SEQUENCE {
>             type    AttributeDescription,
>             vals    SET SIZE (1..MAX) OF AttributeValue }
>and
>     PartialAttribute ::= SEQUENCE {
>             type    AttributeDescription,
>             vals    SET OF AttributeValue }
>
>and use them in the appropriate places.
>Does this sound reasonable?

Well, I had thought this made sense (as I suggest in my notes).

However, as almost all uses should be PartialAttribute
and not Attribute, it may make more sense just to have
Attribute and make it more clear that all uses allow can
be partial (not all values) and a few uses allow it to be
empty (no values).

(objectClass is an example of an attribute where not all
values are required to be transferred.)

Kurt