RE: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-17.txt [corrected]

>>> "Steven Legg" <steven.legg@adacel.com.au> 10/5/03 11:50:20 PM >>>
>> 4.6. Modify Operation
>
>>    Parameters of the Modify Request are:
>>
>>    - object: The object to be modified. The value of this field
>>      contains the DN of the entry to be modified. The server will
not

^^^^^^^^
>SHALL NOT ?

These are all on many operations. I think SHALL NOT is too strong. I
suspect there are implementations that allow the alias to be
dereferenced (whether by control, local policy, or both).

Do you think there is an interoperability issue here? If so, would
SHOULD NOT suffice?

Jim