Re: REVISED protocol review notes [LONG]

Jim,

Jim Sermersheim wrote:
Actually my current plan is to define both:
     Attribute ::= SEQUENCE {
             type    AttributeDescription,
             vals    SET SIZE (1..MAX) OF AttributeValue }
and
     PartialAttribute ::= SEQUENCE {
             type    AttributeDescription,
             vals    SET OF AttributeValue }

and use them in the appropriate places.

Does this sound reasonable?

Yes, but you could also do this:

    PartialAttribute ::= SEQUENCE {
        type    AttributeDescription,
        vals    SET OF AttributeValue }

    Attribute ::= PartialAttribute(WITH COMPONENTS {..., vals (SIZE(1..MAX))})

You could also in-line the right hand side of the Attribute assignment
statement everywhere Attribute is needed and then rename PartialAttribute
to just Attribute.

By the way, are you intending to put identifiers into each of
the SET OF and SEQUENCE OF notations ? I so, do you want me to
make some appropriate suggestions ?

Regards,
Steven

Jim