Re: Models: aliases

Kurt D. Zeilenga writes:
>> It seems rather heavy to force people to get their
>> own OID and make new object classes just in order
>> to use aliases, if extensibleObject is not supported
>> on their server.
>
> Some could publish a "Common subclasses of 'alias'"
> technical specification....

Good idea.  Though it seems enough with one subclass 'namedAlias'
with several MAY attributes.  I suggest:
- the attributes in the table in [DN] 2.3:
  cn, l, st, o, ou, c, street, dc, uid,
- the other 'SUP name' attributes in [Schema]:
  generationQualifier, givenName, initials, sn, title.
(If the registry approach is used in [DN], any additional attributes
from the registry should be added if there are not too many yet.)

...or a 'namedObject' auxiliary class with those MAY attributes.
What's the advantage of a subclass over an auxiliary class?  Everyone
says subclass, but I like auxiliary classes - they are reusable.