Re: LDAP URLs "loose ends" comments

"Kurt D. Zeilenga" wrote:

> Mark's "strawman" proposal lists a few "loose ends"
> <draft-smith-ldapv3-url-update-01.txt, Section 15>.
>
> Search URL v. Referral URLs
>   I believe this issue should be tied off as discussed
>   in the thread:
>     http://www.openldap.org/lists/ietf-ldapbis/200010/msg00034.html

I agree.

>  Other Extensions
>   I believe it best to view any new LDAP URL extensions,
>   including those providing SASL and Start TLS mechanisms,
>   as "new features" and hence out of scope of this working
>   group.

I agree, although we should consider working this outside of ldapbis.

> update RFC1738 reference to RFC2396
>   Yes.

Okay.

>   I suggest this TS not exclude a future document from
>   specifying use of this construct.

Okay, but I am not sure how to handle this.  Should we include a
statement in the LDAP URL document that says "if <userinfo>@ is present,
it should be ignored?"  Or "if present, the URL can't be interpreted?"
Or ?

> BNF -> 2234 form
>   Please.

I am working on it.