RE: ldapd vs. slapd

--On Wednesday, April 18, 2012 08:57:20 AM -0700 "Richards, Toby" <toby.richards@slo.courts.ca.gov> wrote:

Yes. I have one of those free subdomains (org.org), so mine is toby.org.org.

Something is definitely wrong. I've been scouring the Internet for
documentation and tutorials. I finally broke down, and downloaded a GUI LDAP
tool. Actually, I've tried several including jxplorer and LDAP
Administration Tool, but I like the one by Jarek Gawor best:

http://www.novell.com/communities/node/8652/gawors-excellent-ldap-browseredi
tor-v282

Anyway, the GUI isn't even working. It gives me errors that it can't read
dc=toby,dc=org,dc=org. It errors and fails when I try to add a user. I'm not
sure what could be wrong with my conf files. They're pretty much set up with
all the defaults except with my own realm instead of dc=example,dc=com.

Am I supposed to do something between editing the conf files/starting slapd
and adding users?

-Toby

What do you get when you try a base dn search, i.e.

 % ldapsearch -h your-host -x -b '' -s base +

Bill