Convert from dbb to gdbm

Hi,

I was using LDBM database type till recently. Because of some compile and linking problems with BerkeleyDB 4.1.25, I switched to GDBM.
Now I'm stucked with *.dbb database files and no LDIF file. Is it possible somehow to convert dbb files to gdbm, since I couldn't find
ldbm2ldif (ldif2ldbm) tools in OpenLDAP 2.1.25 binaries. Are they still suported?

And the second question; what are advantages or disadvantages of gdbm in comparison to ldbm? Should I try a little more to solve my linking problems
and stay on Berkeley or it would be easier and painless simply to switch to gdbm.

Thanks,
BR,
Domen