Re: Convert from dbb to gdbm

--On Wednesday, April 21, 2004 9:27 AM +0200 Mavric Domen ITWEN5 <d.mavric@iskratel.si> wrote:

Hi,

I was using LDBM database type till recently. Because of some compile and
linking problems with BerkeleyDB 4.1.25, I switched to GDBM. Now I'm
stucked with *.dbb database files and no LDIF file. Is it possible
somehow to convert dbb files to gdbm, since I couldn't find ldbm2ldif
(ldif2ldbm) tools in OpenLDAP 2.1.25 binaries. Are they still suported?

And the second question; what are advantages or disadvantages of gdbm in
comparison to ldbm? Should I try a little more to solve my linking
problems and stay on Berkeley or it would be easier and painless simply
to switch to gdbm.

You should forget ldbm entirely and switch to BDB. The reasons for this have been discussed on the list repeatedly.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer