Re: dc question

tor, 2002-10-17 kl. 17:36 skrev Peter Marschall:

> Are you sure ?
> You can always change the value of the dc attribute or rename the object. !

True! But many won't know how.

> With dc these are the only possibilities since it is SINGLE-VALUED.
> With other naming attributes (i.e. cn) you can add another value
> to the attribute.

> Maybe renaming will not work with this "specific" DIT setup, since
> deleteoldrdn has to be TRUE on a single-valued attribute.
> (Maybe you can test it with your setup ,-)

> As an old-aged Novell admin, you should have known this.
> Novells eDirectory enforces this requirement too.

Yes, but it wasn't eDirectory then, it was NDS, and you couldn't have
done it anyway. That's what I said.

In my posting, all that I said was, that in Openldap you can make a CN
that isn't part of an RDN what you like. And many people have already
done so. And when they get to update their LDAP software, they're in for
a rude awakening. Many with organization-wide systems - just think of
it.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

"There are many people who can't face the truth ... If you rob a
normal person of life's lies, at the same time you'll be robbing
him of his happiness."

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl