Re: dc question

tir, 2002-10-15 kl. 21:39 skrev Hallvard B Furuseth:

> > I would postulate that the dc in an objectClass dc has nothing
> > whatsoever to do with the dc as part of the dn attribute in an rdn.

> Wrong.  Read the LDAP standard (rfc2251), section 3.2 (Data Model):

>   (...) Entries have names: one or more attribute values
>   from the entry form its relative distinguished name (RDN), (...)

Noted. But what's done can't be undone

> > You want to put: dc: Snoggit instead of dc: blabla, that's o.k. with
> > Openldap 2.1.5.
> Yes, as other have said, OpenLDAP does not check this requirement.

And the day it does, what happens to "People around the World in
general"s' working DITs?

Everybody stops updating their Openldap version.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

"There are many people who can't face the truth ... If you rob a
normal person of life's lies, at the same time you'll be robbing
him of his happiness."

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl