Re: dc question

Hello,

First I would like to thank you all for your answers, they are of great
help.

Now so if I understood the role of the dc correctly in that case, it should
be setted to the last dc part of the dn ? For example:

dn: dc=blabla, dc=example, dc=com
objectclass: dcObject
objectclass: organization
o: Example company Ltd.
dc: blabla

is that correct ?

Regards
Marc

                    Yonah Russ           To:     marc.bigler@day.com
                    <yonah@jct.ac.       cc:     openldap <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
                    il>                  Subject:     Re: dc question

                    10/14/02 09:01
                    PM

On Mon, 2002-10-14 at 20:20, marc.bigler@day.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In the OpenLDAP quick-start guide you suggest to add the following:
>
> dn: dc=example,dc=com
> objectclass: dcObject
> objectclass: organization
> o: Example company
> dc: example
>
> What I do not quite understand is what the last dc is for ? The o I
> understand that is for the company name but the dc has only example in
it,
> what should the dc value represent really ?
I'm just guessing but it is possibly b/c the dc attribute it required
for an objectclass of type dcObject, just like the o attribute is
required for the objectclass of type organization
yonah