Re: OpenLDAP 2.3 to 2.4 Migration Question

Thanks, I'll do that.
--
Razi Ahmad
Director, IT Infrastructure Services

An Education in Possible

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 6:36 PM Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@symas.com> wrote:

--On Tuesday, August 20, 2019 7:32 PM -0400 Razi Ahmad <razi@stern.nyu.edu>
wrote:

> Thanks, Quanah. I did that and see that memberof was populated. However,
> I also noticed that the number of groups returned when I query for the
> memberOf attribute on one account doesn't match the number of groups
> returned when I search for all groups that this particular user is a
> member of. Do you have any ideas what could be the cause of this mismatch
> or where I should look when troubleshooting? I checked a few other
> accounts and the numbers match.

Hi Razi,

Not without more information.  What version of OpenLDAP 2.4 did you upgrade
to?  Are all the groups of the same objectClass type?  I assume the other
users are also in those same groups?  You could try deleting and re-adding
the user as a member to see if that resolves it.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>