Re: OpenLDAP 2.3 to 2.4 Migration Question

--On Tuesday, August 20, 2019 7:32 PM -0400 Razi Ahmad <razi@stern.nyu.edu> wrote:

Thanks, Quanah. I did that and see that memberof was populated. However,
I also noticed that the number of groups returned when I query for the
memberOf attribute on one account doesn't match the number of groups
returned when I search for all groups that this particular user is a
member of. Do you have any ideas what could be the cause of this mismatch
or where I should look when troubleshooting? I checked a few other
accounts and the numbers match.

Hi Razi,

Not without more information. What version of OpenLDAP 2.4 did you upgrade to? Are all the groups of the same objectClass type? I assume the other users are also in those same groups? You could try deleting and re-adding the user as a member to see if that resolves it.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>