Re: Syncrepl losing connection

--On Thursday, March 02, 2017 7:59 AM -0800 Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@symas.com> wrote:

--On Thursday, March 02, 2017 1:08 PM +0200 Nick Milas
<nick@eurobjects.com> wrote:

Since "only some systems support the customization of these values; the
keepalive parameter is ignored otherwise", how can I make sure that this
parameter has been configured successfully and is enabled on my system
(CentOS 7)? I enabled "loglevel config stats sync"but I don't see any
mention of configured syncrepl parameters during OpenLDAP start.

Hi Nick,

The keepalive parameter was added after the initial 2.4 release, and
after the current sections on replication in the admin guide were
written.  It was created because I kept encountering issues at customer
sites where load balancers & packet shapers were closing the syncrepl
connection.

Oh, and to answer your other question -- "keepalive" works on linux, but not necessarily other *nixes or Windows. So CentOS7 would be fine.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>