Re: Syncrepl losing connection

On 2/3/2017 12:17 πμ, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

Have you tried setting the "keepalive" parameter in your syncrepl configs?

Thank you Quanah,

I just added (to syncrepl config):

   keepalive=20:100:2

Any suggestions on the selected values? What are the default ones? (I haven't found them in docs.)

I will monitor the situation and I'll let you know of the outcome.

Has such an issue been reported by others in recent versions? Why didn't I have this problem with all versions until 2.4.39 (on CentOS 5)?

Some notes follow:

Interestingly, in the documentation:

   http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html
   http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/slapdconfig.html#Configuration%20File%20Directives

...I don't see any reference to the keepalive parameter.

However, "man slapd.conf" states:

   The keepalive parameter sets the values of idle, probes, and
   interval used to check whether a socket is alive; idle is the number
   of seconds a connection needs to remain idle before TCP starts
   sending keepalive probes; probes is the maximum number of keepalive
probes TCP should send before dropping the connection; interval is interval in seconds between individual keepalive
   probes.  Only some systems support the customization of these
   values; the keepalive parameter is ignored otherwise, and
   system-wide settings are used.

Since "only some systems support the customization of these values; the keepalive parameter is ignored otherwise", how can I make sure that this parameter has been configured successfully and is enabled on my system (CentOS 7)? I enabled "loglevel config stats sync"but I don't see any mention of configured syncrepl parameters during OpenLDAP start.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Nick