Re: Unable to do ldapsearch, but testsaslauthd works in OpenLDAP 2.4

--On Thursday, February 11, 2016 7:19 AM -0600 Ravi Althuru <ralthuru@yahoo.com> wrote:

Without trying to understand the issue, just saying upgrade to the latest
version does not really help. Yes, the portal version will support
openldap 2.4.x, and I have to redo the install. But my question is that
the scenario I described, works in my Opebdlap 2.3 instance and comparing
between the two did not yield any differences. I am being bumped from
server infrastructure people to product support people without any one
trying to understand where the problem is originating at.

Sorry, this has been a frustrating experience past two weeks and I was
hoping to get some support from this forum, but not this answer.

You can start with <http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/appendix-upgrading.html>. As already noted, there were changes to how ACLs work, and you have to adjust your ACLs accordingly. One would hope of course you had already started at the documentation about upgrading from 2.3....

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.
A division of Synacor, Inc