[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: installing slapd no_configuration true
- To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: installing slapd no_configuration true
- From: Igor Shmukler <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 12:24:47 +0300
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=PrrBtpGCDe1+urc5Le/yn4FV0AActWb+fiPyVwEQE8Y=; b=olOlqrO9PhBDyt729PNfZ9AQ0RiPikuom3Mmkz+nclLIytgWd8G5FMRizml0M+I5/0 A5U6uh2Hkg898DQcA1SZMRdO5OgaF5C/7q3Yv5U+jkfXOMPQBG+eEO/DbrQCJ1V5ZukV q4lHg4HQfNjpniSewd6yaRpp550WMuNC1dTcBRoPeZudwkTrlYks5QOZS8e1/La9aGN3 /0HKgCKWa7pQ4zb3FmD0+xQMpnmd6xhpGLCNR8AdAv/O1+MEQfpocIqnCYGvCyL2y/Ku CQROFcUrj8TFophJ0zFQrqXepDCXSyrzP8zMGGm7t98I5pxP0n1MvfXZldOH4rQk+4y2 OKPA==
- In-reply-to: <3bf1-55191480-67-6a9c2100@244829291>
- References: <CAA1SNA3DYXa7dmofZpktbm=9g7w_P=heN23Xi+TGM2U4LaXF8w@mail.gmail.com> <3bf1-55191480-67-6a9c2100@244829291>
Hello Dieter and Ralf,
Thank you for clarifications.
On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 12:17 PM, Mattes <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Am Montag, 30. März 2015 10:33 CEST, Igor Shmukler <email@example.com> schrieb:
>> I have been trying to install slapd without configuration, so I could
>> do the configuration manually [specifically to customize my
>> "organization" objectClass].
>> I have been using debconf-set-selections and noninteractive install.
>> It worked fine when I would do non interactive config database
>> configuration and also DIT database configuration.
>> When I set "slapd slapd/no_configuration boolean true" setup fails.
>> The error is below:
>> Omitting slapd configuration as requested.
>> * No configuration file was found for slapd at /etc/ldap/slapd.conf.
>> invoke-rc.d: initscript slapd, action "start" failed.
>> dpkg: error processing package slapd (--configure):
>> subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
>> Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-16) ...
>> Processing triggers for ufw (0.34~rc-0ubuntu2) ...
>> Errors were encountered while processing:
>> E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
>> I understand that the issue might be debian-related and have little to
>> do with OpenLDAP, per say. Still, to be sure that I did not do
>> something completely wrong, and to tap into collective wisdom; I would
>> love for someone experienced to comment.
> This _is_ a Debian packaging question.
> This can be considered a bug in Debian's slapd.postinst - the script should
> set SLAPD_NO_START=1 when installing without configuration.
>> What would be the easiest way to install slapd, ideally with config
>> database setup, without a DIT database? I want to manually add DIT
>> database[s] later. I got that part down.
> That's a installation mode the Debian package isn't really set up for.
> HTH Ralf Mattes
>> Igor Shmukler