Re: Inconsistent answer from LDAP Server

Yoann Gini wrote:

Le 13 févr. 2015 à 11:13, Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> a écrit :

This has nothing to do with OpenLDAP. You're talking about Apple's privately hacked version of the code. Whatever they do in their custom attributes with their custom plugins is anybody's guess, but don't expect any Standards documented behavior to cover it.

I was hoping to not see an answer like that. So common in all Open Source communities.

You seems really fast to conclude that’s a problem of an hypothetic Apple hack. The source code used by Apple is available here http://opensource.apple.com/source/OpenLDAP/OpenLDAP-491.1/

Do you see a difference with the official repository who can lead to this problem?

I’m not asking for a « go to hell, it’s an Apple hack » answer.

If I’m asking here, it’s because I’m looking for a real valuable answer. Like for example what kind of mechanism in OpenLDAP source code can lead to this situation. An index or something like that for example.

There is no such mechanism in OpenLDAP.

Maybe it’s linked to an Apple hack, maybe not. In any case the only valuable answer for my question is a troubleshooting procedure for this kind of behavior. Nothing else.

There's no MAYBE about it.

Feel free to continue wasting your own time if you don't want to believe me.

--
  -- Howard Chu