Re: Inconsistent answer from LDAP Server

Yoann Gini wrote:

Le 13 févr. 2015 à 00:30, Yoann Gini <yoann.gini@gmail.com> a écrit :

Le 12 févr. 2015 à 20:01, Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> a écrit :

Could you please elaborate on what exactly "not consistent" means to you?
Seeing the output generated would be good.

Sorry if I'm not clear. What is inconsistent is the value of that attribute.

Of course, without the attribute specified, I get the whole object, but the problem is not here.

For each request on the same object, if I look at the value of the apple-xmlplist field, the first say blue and the second say red.

If I try to edit this field with any tools I have (Apache directory studio, ldapmodify, custom C code), only the object returned by the request without any attribute specifier is modified. The request with the attribute specified still return the wrong value.

Sometime, pictures and video are better than any word.

I’ve made a quick video and make it available on YouTube if you want to see the bug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPwN-wsegy8

I can’t understand how is it possible.

This has nothing to do with OpenLDAP. You're talking about Apple's privately hacked version of the code. Whatever they do in their custom attributes with their custom plugins is anybody's guess, but don't expect any Standards documented behavior to cover it.

--
  -- Howard Chu