Re: bdb_equality_candidates

On 22 July 2014 16:09, Harry Jede <harry.jede@arcor.de> wrote:
> I assume you manually edit the config database? You should never
> do this.

No, no manually editing - all done with LDIFs and ldapmodify.

> slapcat your db

This got me thinking and I did a slapcat of cn=config only to find
that the lines for olcDbIndex didn't agree with the lines in the
configuration for the database. On a whim, I modified the LDIF file I
had used to configure the indexing so that each attribute was listed
on a separate line and NOW all of the .bdb files have got today's date
on.

I'm not sure if a change happened in OpenLDAP that might have altered
how olcDbIndex was read (e.g. going from multiple attributes on one
line to requiring one line per attribute) but it seems to be working
now. I realise that OpenLDAP tries to perform a background reindex;
I'll keep an eye on the logs and if it is still logging occasionally
by Friday, I'll shut it down at the weekend and do a manual index.

Thanks.

Philip