Re: two entries, the same attribute

On 13/3/2014 9:42 ÎÎ, Friedrich Locke wrote:

i am planning to use opendalp to build my email infra structure. What happens is two users (two entries) hold the same email address ?

In our setup all users have unique mail addresses / mailboxes.

In such cases, we create a dummy user (we call it a "system" account) to create an account/mailbox which can be accessible by any users who will be given its password; I believe such mailboxes are best handled via IMAP and/or webmail and a policy must be formulated between sharing users on how messages will be processed.

I don't think that individuals should share mail addresses. If you need some or all mails to be delivered to multiple users/mailboxes, you can create aliases.

Since you are now starting this design, you may want to read: http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-technical/201202/msg00148.html

This might be useful too (mail alias setup): http://lists.arthurdejong.org/openldap-technical/2011/05/msg00033.html

The above apply to own setup; you may want to re-evaluate things.

Best regards,
Nick