Re: Replication from OpenLDAP to Fedora 389 DS

Am Tue, 25 Feb 2014 18:24:14 -0300
schrieb Italo Valcy <italovalcy@gmail.com>:

> Hello Dieter,
>
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 5:05 PM, Dieter KlÃnter <dieter@dkluenter.de>
> wrote:
>
> > No, syncrepl (consumer) does not reqire operational attributs. Only
> > if the ldap backend is also defined as syncprov (provider), than
> > some operational attributes are  required in order to provide valid
> > data. But I don't think that the fedora directory supports RFC 4533.
> >

> Thanks for the reply!
>
> Yes, but this is the only way the documentation points to in order to
> have a push-based replication initiated by the provider, do you
> agree? Bellow is part of OL documentation:
>
>     18.2.4. Syncrepl Proxy Mode
>
>     While the LDAP Sync protocol supports both pull- and push-based
> replication, the push mode (refreshAndPersist) must still be initiated
>     from the consumer before the provider can begin pushing changes
> (...) This mode can be configured with the aid of the LDAP Backend
>     (Backends and slapd-ldap(8)). Instead of running the syncrepl
> engine on the actual consumer, a slapd-ldap proxy is set up near (or
>     collocated with) the provider that points to the consumer, and the
> syncrepl engine runs on the proxy.
>
>     18.2.4.1. Replacing Slurpd
>
>     The old slurpd mechanism only operated in provider-initiated push
> mode. Slurpd replication was deprecated in favor of Syncrepl
> replication and has been completely removed from OpenLDAP 2.4.
>
> Using the old slurpd, it was possible to filter which attributes I
> would like to send to the consumer. But, as far as could understand,
> this workaround is not possible with the above proposal (from doc).
>
> Do you see any other way to achieve this feature?

Actually, I have no clue how to configure fedora directory as syncrepl
consumer.
Just as a proof of conzept I have setup a ldap backend with a minimal
configuration which you may find here
http://pastebin.de/40936
and simulated a consumer

ldapsearch \
 -Esync=rp/rid=091,csn=20140115000000.126579Z#000000#000#000000 \
 -x -D "cn=Replicator,o=avci,c=de" -w xxxx -H ldap://localhost \
 -b "o=avci,c=de" -s sub "*"

You may test yourself.

-Dieter

--