Re: Not able to authenticate Windows and MAC client

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 12:26:28PM +0800, saurabh ohri wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to openldap and i manage dto install and configure the same. My linux client is working well but not able to authenticate windows and mac clients.
>
> Have been trying since past 2 days by google and other posts but still facing issue. Any help would be highly appreciated.
>
> Details:
> using?openldap-2.4.23-34
> on RHEL6.5
> Client details:
> Mac 10.8.5 -- tried configuring the network
> account server but it is showing RED. Error This server is not responding.

After you add a network server to OS X you can further specify some options, such as use of SSL and such. The
options you selected, or preselected for you, do these settings work in your configuration? If it is for example
trying to use SSL and your server does not support it it will show up red.

Secondly, OS X lets you specify a schema, in order to get it to work I had to change
the used schema to RFC2307. Next thing to do is checking the syslog to determine which queries OS X sent and you
should be able to figure out where it is going wrong. Run slapd in debug mode if neccesary.

As for Windows, I have no idea, but this should get you started.

> Windows 7
> ? tried installing GINA but it is giving me invalid credentials error.
> ?
>
> Regards
> Sam

	Matthijs