Re: Does MDB backend shrinks on disk files after delete operation?

Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com> ÐÐÑÐÐ(Ð) Ð ÑÐÐÑÐ ÐÐÑÑÐÐ Wed, 16 Oct 2013 23:41:57 +0400:

I use mdb from openldap 2.4.33

This version of MDB is not stable and can randomly corrupt at any time. I would highly advise you to upgrade to 2.4.36 before you lose your database.

Well, I today I upgraded all my ldap servers up to 2.4.36, so I hope I
will start sleeping better.

But still I would like to know one thing: is MDB backend from 2.4.36
ready for production use?  As developer can you say about MDB 2.4.36
following phrases:
- Yes, it is ready for production. Howard and I are clearly understanding how code works.
- It is rock solid and safe.
- I use it on production server and sleep well (though I always have backups of my data)

Or maybe I should rollback to HDB and all its issues (cache tuning, recovery corrupted data files after power loss when slapd cannot start, selecting best malloc implementation
for HDB)?