Does MDB backend shrinks on disk files after delete operation?

  Hello.

I would like to understand one thing about mdb backend:
Current size of /var/lib/ldap is 15 megabytes (~ 10000 entries).
After i added to my database 1839 entries on disk directory size
becomes 93 megabytes.  But when i delete all 1839 entires mdb does
not free disk space, my /var/lib/ldap is still 93 megabytes in size.

It does not remove data and just marks it as 'free' meaning that it is
reusable for new write operations?

I use mdb from openldap 2.4.33