To: espeake@oreillyauto.com
From: Quanah Gibson-Mount
Sent by: openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org
Date: 09/27/2013 04:32PM
Cc: openldap-technical@openldap.org
Subject: Re: Synchronous or asynchronous replication

--On Friday, September 27, 2013 4:09 PM -0500 espeake@oreillyauto.com wrote:

> If I could get 2.4.35 or 2.4.36 to build a debian package as required by
> our company I would use a newer version.  Every time I run the build it
> errors out in the config.  So I have tried.  I can't do just a build I
> have to be able to create the package for our puppet implementation.

If you are having problems with Debian's dpkg system, then I would advise
contacting the debian folks etc about how to properly build dpkg's.  That
certainly is not an OpenLDAP specific issue.  I would note that Debian's
default packages for OpenLDAP have a lot of problems (like linking to
GnuTLS instead of OpenSSL among other things).

So if you are just trying to "upgrade" what Debian already ships, that is a
bad starting point.  I would advise creating your own fresh .deb's that
install into your own location, so as not to conflict with the system
libraries.

Lead Engineer
Zimbra Software, LLC
Zimbra ::  the leader in open source messaging and collaboration

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content,
and is believed to be clean.

This communication and any attachments are confidential, protected by Communications Privacy Act 18 USCS § 2510, solely for the use of the intended recipient, and may contain legally privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient, please return or destroy it immediately. Thank you.