Re: Schema Replication and data replication.

--On August 8, 2013 11:33:54 AM -0500 espeake@oreillyauto.com wrote:

Actually I did request help from the list in the building of a deb file
since source and rpm files are the only things available.  I even went
through the setup instructions to get the updates done that I needed.  I
even tried converting an rpm with alien with no luck.  Right now I am
trying to figure out how I can slapcat the config and then when I slapadd
it to another server as advised I get errors about invalid values for
attribute types from a working server.  the error is stating that the
olcModuleList value is invalid from this part of the created ldif from the
slapcat.

If you are on ubuntu/debian, you can trivially use apt-get to download their packaging bits for Debian, and update it for a new version of the source. However, I would still advise building from source yourself, and linking to OpenSSL rather than GnuTLS as debian does.

I don't want to sound ungrateful for the help and education on software
that I am a new user, but there are a few people offering assistance here
that pretty well speak down to everyone that asks for and with a disgusted
tone.  We are doing this in a test environment at this point and
everything that I have read says that we are on a version that accomplish
what we are trying to do.

I'm not quite clear what you are reading. I've pointed you at the changes list several times now. There are clearly numerous bugs fixed with sync replication since your 2.4.28 build. Here are just a few of the more obvious fixes that would have an impact on your deployment:

OpenLDAP 2.4.29 Release (2012/02/12)
	Fixed slapd syncrepl reference to freed memory (ITS#7127,ITS#7132)
	Fixed slapd syncrepl to ignore some errors on delete (ITS#7052)
	Fixed slapd syncrepl to handle missing oldRDN (ITS#7144)
	Fixed slapo-syncprov with already abandoned operation (ITS#7150)

OpenLDAP 2.4.30 Release (2012/02/29)
	Fixed slapd syncrepl delete handling (ITS#7052,ITS#7162)
	Fixed slapo-syncprov loop detection (ITS#6024)

OpenLDAP 2.4.31 Release (2012/04/21)
	Fixed slapd to reject MMR setups with bad serverID setting (ITS#7200)
	Fixed slapd schema validation with missing definitions (ITS#7224)
	Fixed slapd syncrepl -c with supplied CSN values (ITS#7245)
	Fixed slapo-syncprov sessionlog check (ITS#7218)
	Fixed slapo-syncprov entry leak (ITS#7234)
	Fixed slapo-syncprov startup initialization (ITS#7235)

OpenLDAP 2.4.32 Release (2012/07/31)
	Fixed slapd-bdb/hdb cache hang under high load (ITS#7222)
	Fixed slapo-syncprov memory leaks with sync replication (ITS#7292)

OpenLDAP 2.4.33 Release (2012/10/10)
	Fixed slapd syncprov to not reference ops inside a lock (ITS#7172)

OpenLDAP 2.4.34 Release (2013/03/01)
	Fixed slapd syncrepl for old entries in MMR setup (ITS#7427)

OpenLDAP 2.4.35 Release (2013/03/31)
	Fixed slapd syncrepl updateCookie status (ITS#7531)

Again, I would seriously suggest you look at professional help if you are unable to figure out how to build your own packages of OpenLDAP.

Regards,
Quanah

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc