Re: OpenLDAP as an address book for MS Outlook

Victor Sudakov wrote:
> I don't know why "SUPPORTEDCAPABILITIES" is all caps.

Because it's not in the subschema. You have to add it there.

> What I know is that
> the trick did not help, Outlook still does not produce a list of addresses
> in the addressbook.

I really wonder what the problem is.

Some customer users are using Outlook when querying a standard OpenLDAP
server. No fakes in rootDSE were needed.

Some attributes might not be interpreted by Outlook like expected though. So
for another customer we added a separate database (with slapd-relay) with
attribute mapping via slapo-rwm especially for Outlook. So Outlook users
simply configure a special search base and get roomNumber etc. mapped to
attributes needed by Outlook.

Ciao, Michael.