Re: Index Add Failures

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 6:38 PM -0500 "Allan E. Johannesen"
<aej@WPI.EDU> wrote:

Is there a measure of how "full" a MDB database is?  Maybe a "Monitor"
value of some sort?

du <file.mdb>

I.e., the filesize of mdb grows as it gets data, at least on Linux.  This
is why I set my maxsize to 80GB.  This allows it to grow up to 80GB before
running out of room.  Even with BDB, which takes substantially more space,
I've never had an 80GB DB.

One of these days, I plan on writing a monitoring script that compares the
max size of the DB with the actual size on disk.

I found that OSX acts different -- It actually allocates the entire size of
the database on disk, regardless of how much is used.  That may be common
to all the BSDs.

Sounds like whatever filesystem is default on BSDish systems doesn't support sparse files.

Anyway, you can use mdb_stat to see what's in the MDB environment.

--
  -- Howard Chu