Re: Index Add Failures

--On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 6:38 PM -0500 "Allan E. Johannesen" <aej@WPI.EDU> wrote:

Is there a measure of how "full" a MDB database is?  Maybe a "Monitor"
value of some sort?

du <file.mdb>

I.e., the filesize of mdb grows as it gets data, at least on Linux. This is why I set my maxsize to 80GB. This allows it to grow up to 80GB before running out of room. Even with BDB, which takes substantially more space, I've never had an 80GB DB.

One of these days, I plan on writing a monitoring script that compares the max size of the DB with the actual size on disk.

I found that OSX acts different -- It actually allocates the entire size of the database on disk, regardless of how much is used. That may be common to all the BSDs.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.