Re: slapd-meta doesn't continue with multiple uri's

On 22/08/2012 09:44, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
My fault: "timeout" is operation-wide; when it's hit, the
operation ends as you reported.  "network-timeout" is related to
connect(2) only. As far as I understand, by looking at the code,
there is no practical means, so far, to perform what you're asking
for.  Either the connection cannot be established, and in this case
the code works as intended, or if it hangs for ever the operation
can only be aborted/timed out.  In those cases, you definitely need
to fix the configuration by removing the hung URI.

But what's the point of specifying multiple targets in the uri option if
it doesn't fall through to subsequent ones when the first is not
contactable?

Have I completely missed the point of the documentation?

--
Liam Gretton                                    liam.gretton@le.ac.uk
HPC Architect                                http://www.le.ac.uk/its/