Re: slapd-meta doesn't continue with multiple uri's

> On 14/08/2012 16:06, masarati@aero.polimi.it wrote:
>
>>> If I wasn't clear, I changed the config as you suggested. The debug
>>> output I posted was from that configuration. The server never attempts
>>> to contact anything other than host1.
>>
>> Did you try stopping host1 in between client operations?  I did and it
>> works as intended.
>
> No, I've been initially testing with the case where host1 is down when
> the LDAP service starts.
>
> If I remove host1 after the LDAP server has started, the debug output is
> at least different. It's attempting to contact host1, failing, doubling
> the timeout and trying again continuously, never attempting to try host2
> or host3.

The timeout you see is an internal timeout used for each poll on a
target's connection.  It keeps doubling when the connection is valid but
nothing comes.  Did you actually kill host1, or just stopped it?  In the
latter case, the connection is not dead, it's just returning nothing.  You
need to kill the process (or let it timeout using the "timeout"
directive).

p.