Re: slapd-meta doesn't continue with multiple uri's

On 14/08/2012 16:06, masarati@aero.polimi.it wrote:

If I wasn't clear, I changed the config as you suggested. The debug
output I posted was from that configuration. The server never attempts
to contact anything other than host1.

Did you try stopping host1 in between client operations?  I did and it
works as intended.

No, I've been initially testing with the case where host1 is down when the LDAP service starts.

If I remove host1 after the LDAP server has started, the debug output is at least different. It's attempting to contact host1, failing, doubling the timeout and trying again continuously, never attempting to try host2 or host3.

** ld 0xa2e4e0 Connections:
* host: host1  port: 3268  (default)
  refcnt: 2  status: Connected
  last used: Tue Aug 14 16:11:36 2012

** ld 0xa2e4e0 Outstanding Requests:
 * msgid 7,  origid 7, status InProgress
   outstanding referrals 0, parent count 0
  ld 0xa2e4e0 request count 1 (abandoned 0)
** ld 0xa2e4e0 Response Queue:
   Empty
  ld 0xa2e4e0 response count 0
ldap_chkResponseList ld 0xa2e4e0 msgid 7 all 2
ldap_chkResponseList returns ld 0xa2e4e0 NULL
ldap_int_select
ldap_result ld 0xa2e4e0 msgid 7
wait4msg ld 0xa2e4e0 msgid 7 (timeout 100000 usec)
wait4msg continue ld 0xa2e4e0 msgid 7 all 2
** ld 0xa2e4e0 Connections:
* host: host1  port: 3268  (default)
  refcnt: 2  status: Connected
  last used: Tue Aug 14 16:11:36 2012

** ld 0xa2e4e0 Outstanding Requests:
 * msgid 7,  origid 7, status InProgress
   outstanding referrals 0, parent count 0
  ld 0xa2e4e0 request count 1 (abandoned 0)
** ld 0xa2e4e0 Response Queue:
   Empty
  ld 0xa2e4e0 response count 0
ldap_chkResponseList ld 0xa2e4e0 msgid 7 all 2
ldap_chkResponseList returns ld 0xa2e4e0 NULL
ldap_int_select
ldap_result ld 0xa2e4e0 msgid 7
wait4msg ld 0xa2e4e0 msgid 7 (timeout 200000 usec)
wait4msg continue ld 0xa2e4e0 msgid 7 all 2
** ld 0xa2e4e0 Connections:
* host: host1  port: 3268  (default)
  refcnt: 2  status: Connected
  last used: Tue Aug 14 16:11:36 2012

** ld 0xa2e4e0 Outstanding Requests:
 * msgid 7,  origid 7, status InProgress
   outstanding referrals 0, parent count 0
  ld 0xa2e4e0 request count 1 (abandoned 0)
** ld 0xa2e4e0 Response Queue:
   Empty
  ld 0xa2e4e0 response count 0
ldap_chkResponseList ld 0xa2e4e0 msgid 7 all 2
ldap_chkResponseList returns ld 0xa2e4e0 NULL
ldap_int_select
ldap_result ld 0xa2e4e0 msgid 7
wait4msg ld 0xa2e4e0 msgid 7 (timeout 400000 usec)
wait4msg continue ld 0xa2e4e0 msgid 7 all 2
** ld 0xa2e4e0 Connections:
* host: host1  port: 3268  (default)
  refcnt: 2  status: Connected
  last used: Tue Aug 14 16:11:36 2012