Re: Setup syncrepl on Redhat Fedora

On 11-06-08 2:27 AM, Dieter Kluenter wrote:
Am Tue, 07 Jun 2011 16:36:23 -0400
schrieb Daniel Qian<daniel@up247solution.com>:

On 11-06-07 4:12 PM, Howard Chu wrote:
Daniel Qian wrote:
On 11-06-07 3:37 PM, Howard Chu wrote:
On Ubuntu you would leave slapd running and just do this (as
root):

# ldapmodify -H ldapi:// -Y EXTERNAL<<EOF
dn: cn=module{0},cn=config
changetype: modify
add: olcModuleLoad
olcModuleLoad: syncprov.la
-

dn: olcOverlay=syncprov,olcDatabase={1}bdb,cn=config
changetype: add
objectClass: olcSyncProvConfig
olcOverlay: {0}syncprov
olcSpCheckpoint: 100 10
olcSpSessionlog: 100
-
EOF

Looks like I don't even have a module{0} in my setup.
So what does that tell you? Use your brain and think.

Obviously the backends are working without any module
configuration, which means the backends were statically compiled
into slapd. So, knowing nothing else at all about how RedHat built
this, you have a few possibilities:
1) there is no module support at all
   a) all of the overlays are statically compiled in
   b) some/none of the overlays are statically compiled in
2) there is module support
   a) all of the overlays are statically compiled in
   b) some of the overlays are dynamic

It would take all of a minute for you to investigate and discover
what the situation is with your build.

I actually trying to think hard but there is just not enough
information for me to think with :)

You pretty much listed all the possibilities. I think backend binary
is compiled but not syncprov as I can see the distribution package
installed this as separate library files -
/usr/lib64/openldap/syncprov-2.4.so.2.6.0  /usr/lib64/openldap/syncprov.la
man slapd(8), slapd -VVV will show you all static build in overlays and
backends.

-Dieter

Thanks a lot for pointing out this useful command option. Its one of those things I was searching for but was not able to get easily.

In my case redhat has bdb/hdb compiled in but not syncprov and that explains what I have seen so far.