Re: Setup syncrepl on Redhat Fedora

On 11-06-07 1:40 PM, Aaron Richton wrote:
On Tue, 7 Jun 2011, Daniel Qian wrote:

Can anyone point out to me how I can add the module required to do replication on the provider side? I will make a document if I am able to set it up eventually.

You can find examples of using olcModuleLoad to instruct back-config to load the module in the OpenLDAP 2.4 Administrator's Guide. While the directive is not overlay-specific, there is an example that uses syncprov in section 18.3.3, as well as code examples in the "tests" directory.

If you're writing a document, it might be good to write back-config examples suitable for some other section(s) of the Admin Guide (perhaps, if you don't choose n-way multimaster, you can contribute whatever you use for your installation)?

I think I know what I need to get done based on the info I gathered on some Ubuntu websites. I just have no idea how those settings fit into Redhat layout. Correct me if I am wrong. Basically I need to load the module with something like this :

dn: cn=module{0},cn=config
objectClass: olcModuleList
cn: module{0}
olcModuleLoad: {0}back_bdb
olcModuleLoad: {1}syncprov
olcModulePath: /usr/lib64/openldap
and then use the overlay with something like this:
dn: olcOverlay={0}syncprov,olcDatabase={1}bdb,cn=config
objectClass: olcOverlayConfig
objectClass: olcConfig
objectClass: top
objectClass: olcSyncProvConfig
olcOverlay: {0}syncprov
olcSpCheckpoint: 100 10
olcSpSessionlog: 100
But the question is in what files/folders I should put these settings? Fedora has a few database ldif files whose settings get loaded into openldap upon restart. Can I do the same with these settings as well?

Thanks,
Daniel