Re: Ldap with GroupOfUniqueNames + PosixGroups

Am Donnerstag, 10. Februar 2011 schrieb Alejandro Gándara Álvarez:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your answer I´ve tried what you said, I did the following
> steps:
>
> 1- Install new openldap server in other server (Version:2.4.17-2.1).
At this point nis.schema is defined in slapd.conf AND the openlap server
has started once. True for Debin/Ubuntu.

> 2- I copied rfc2307bis.schema as the new nis.schema.
Don't do this. Next update via apt/aptitude or what ever you use will
overide the nis.schema file :-( . COPY the rfc2307bis.schema to the
schema directory and replace nis.schema with rfc2307bis.schema in
slapd.conf.

> 3- I made dpkg-reconfigure slapd, to reconfigure everything with the
> new domain and creating a new BBDD.
That is the wrong way. "dpkg-reconfigure slapd" will NOT and NEVER
create a new ldap database, if one exist.

- Stop slapd
- You must backup & remove the content of the /var/lib/ldap/ directory.
- Load the dump of your OLD server via slapadd
- Start slapd

> 4- When It try to add the first entry I got the following messages
> Duplicate attributeType: "1.3.6.1.1.1.1.0"
Sure.

> 5-I went to /etc/ldap/schema and I ran grep -r  "1.3.6.1.1.1.1.0" .
>  and I only got one answer so Its right. This attribute is placed in
> nis.schema(rfc2307bis.schema).
Mmmh, your ols nis.schema exist still in the ldap database, because you
have forgotten to start with an empty database.

> Could you tell me where is my fault.
See above. Debian will start the openldap server right after slapd*.deb
is installed. So its not your fault. One must know, how packages are
installed and what happens during this phase. You may read the package
install scripts, if you need to know what debian will do. You may focus
on reading /var/lib/dpkg/info/slapd.config

ls /var/lib/dpkg/info/slapd.*
/var/lib/dpkg/info/slapd.conffiles  /var/lib/dpkg/info/slapd.postrm
/var/lib/dpkg/info/slapd.config     /var/lib/dpkg/info/slapd.preinst
/var/lib/dpkg/info/slapd.list	    /var/lib/dpkg/info/slapd.prerm
/var/lib/dpkg/info/slapd.md5sums    /var/lib/dpkg/info/slapd.shlibs
/var/lib/dpkg/info/slapd.postinst   /var/lib/dpkg/info/slapd.templates

What each script does in general is explained here:
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-maintainerscripts.html

--

Harry Jede