Re: Problem with persistent search in OpenLDAP 2.4.23

Michael, yes, I read you answer. I missed the 'latter' and thought that you meant the persistentSearch was supplied by syncprov and not syncrepl. I guess I read latter but was thinking former.

I also read Dieter's answer pointing to SyncRequest but here's my issue.
He states that the module (according to the author) needs refreshOnly and won't connect with refreshAndPersist. I need refreshAndPersist to make sure that my multi-master work correctly and a change on either server is quickly replicated to the other.

I've also read both the RFC and the (expired) draft for persistentSearch. It appears that persistentSearch has died and there is no server-side push type replacement. That's unfortunate since I will now need to poll on a frequent basis to catch a change that happens on a very infrequent basis.

Anyway, it looks like PersistentSearch isn't supported. Other approaches that I'm investigating are the accesslog with a process that queries it on a reqular basis looking for modifies, or create another syncrepl instance with a refreshOnly aimed at my client process.

Thanks!
Tom