Re: Problem with persistent search in OpenLDAP 2.4.23

--On August 26, 2010 9:43:33 AM -0700 Tom Leach <leach@coas.oregonstate.edu> wrote:

Michael, yes, I read you answer.  I missed the 'latter' and thought that
you meant the persistentSearch was supplied by syncprov and not syncrepl.
I guess I read latter but was thinking former.

I also read Dieter's answer pointing to SyncRequest but here's my issue.
He states that the module (according to the author) needs refreshOnly and
won't connect with refreshAndPersist.  I need refreshAndPersist to make
sure that my multi-master work correctly and a change on either server is
quickly replicated to the other.

I've also read both the RFC and the (expired) draft for persistentSearch.
It appears that persistentSearch has died and there is no server-side
push type replacement.  That's unfortunate since I will now need to poll
on a frequent basis to catch a change that happens on a very infrequent
basis.

Anyway, it looks like PersistentSearch isn't supported.  Other approaches
that I'm investigating are the accesslog with a process that queries it
on a reqular basis looking for modifies, or create another syncrepl
instance with a refreshOnly aimed at my client process.

Net::LDAPapi supports refresh & persist.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc