Re: authentification only with cn=toto type

What commands are you trying? Can you include the command lines you are using, the input you are using, and the errors that are output?

In terms of directly adding entries such as "cn=toto" or "cn=pfe" or "cn=richton" to an OpenLDAP directory, merely specify a null suffix (i.e. specify 'suffix ""' in slapd.conf), and make sure you are using a recent version (i.e. 2.3.27) as there have been bugs reported (long since fixed) in using an empty suffix.