Re: Unable to re-connect to *Local* OpenLDAP server using JLDAP when network is interrupted

Hi Jon,

I am running OpenLDAP on *Windows* (it's the port by Lucas Bergmann).

The steps to reproduce are:
- Startup the OpenLDAP server
- Use some client that connects to the server using *JLDAP* (from the *same*
machine as the OpenLDAP server)
- Then, disable/enable the Local Area Network in windows by right-clicking
the icon and selecting Disable/Enable.
- Now, without restarting the OpenLDAP server, try running the JLDAP client.
The client will fail on the LDAPConnection.connect(server, port) call with
an LDAPException saying "Connect error: connection refused".

Since this is a "connection refused" I'm thinking it's the OPenLDAP server
that is not responding appropriately when the network state is changed. If
you restart the ldap server at this point, it is possible to start
connecting to it. Also, I have the OpenLDAP server configured to listen on
the url: "ldap://<MACHINE-NAME>:389". Note I am not using the "localhost"
name for teh machine, but the actual machine name.

Hopefully you are able to reproduce this on linux/windows.

Do let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Safdar