Re: syncrepl refreshAndPersist problem when master not available

Stephan Duehr said:
> Hi all,
>
> if I cut down the line between consumer and provider using syncrepl in
> refreshAndPersist mode, the replication does not work any more. Is there a
> way to make syncrepl in refreshAndPersist mode to automatically
> re-establish synchronization after connection problems or crash of master?

I just did some testing again, and I wonder that it works, synchronization
works after reconnecting the network. The only difference is that the time
period of disconnect was only a minute now, but yesterday about 45
minutes. After reconnecting it did not sync, I had to restart the consumer
slapd. Is it possible that slapd gives up if reconnecting to the provider
is not possible after a certain time period?

--
Stephan Dühr
dass IT GmbH